Friday, May 4, 2012

The result of my present medical cycle : the 3rd one

Finally, the waiting time is over!. Of course i preferred it came out positive but for now what ever the result is, i feel like i have got out from the waiting time that i was in seemed so long and endless.

It has been 3 weeks since i had the embryo transferred. It was on April 16 2012.This was the hardest time for me, i hate the waiting time. I felt like i could do anything but i couldn't.I rather take a shot, blood draw, insert or intake medication than just doing nothing and waiting.  


our 2 blastocyst embryos
It was such an emotional  roller-coaster within that 2 weeks, i had 4 times blood draw for the pregnancy test. Furthermore, the 1st day of my test, i started to have my period a 5 a.m, just right when i woke up for getting ready to go to the clinic.I immediately called my husband to take a look. He said, sometimes even you getting pregnant, there is a chance to have some light period. What a nice and so positive husband. But for me, i learned from the last 2 IVF that i always had the period at the same day of the 1st time testing. So i was thinking, not again! and that the situation very mean to me.. " Poor me". I have tried my best, stayed positive, talked to my embryos picture everyday that please stay with me. I was fine, no period until the day that i had my first pregnancy test!!. I started to lose my hope but i needed to stay strong for my husband.!
During the 2 weeks testing, here is how much i have lost my blood and the result :
# 04.25 ->  period April 25-26-27 , rather heavy
# 04.25 -> 1st pregnancy test ,i got positive result at 22 (they want at 50)
# 04.27 -> 2nd pregnancy test, i got positive result at 58 (they want at 100)
# 04.30 -> 3rd pregnancy test, i got positive result at 167 (they wan at 600-800)
you can see how slowly rising it is and that worry the nurse and us about the ectopic pregnancy.
# 05.03 -> 4th pregnancy test, i got positive result at 70 (it dropped down) I m not pregnant again!!!
# 05.07 ; blood work only to see if i don't get pregnant completely, so the hCG dropped to 5 unit then the nurse wanted to make sure one more time
# 05.14 ; the last blood work for this cycle  

So the nurse called me and said, it is a good sign that it dropped down by itself. Kind of not to worry about ectopic pregnancy which i was a bit worry all along since i had rather heavy period then the hormone hCG level was slowly rise. I also had my cramp on the lower right abdomen for a few days. Anyway, i tried not to think about it. There are lot of things i could have worried about if i want to.

I was happy that the doc didn't give up on me, kept me testing but i need a good food for building more blood. At the same time, i want to get it done too. I kept treating myself like a pregnant woman, also my husband. 

Anyway, i have another appointment for the blood work next week, this time just to make sure that it is completely dropped. So then we can move on, meeting with the doc for the next cycle.

I m now stop all kind of the medication that help building up the lining or support the pregnancy. So i m feeling like i could have another round of the period soon. 

Last night, my husband and i discussed how it happened? what else  need to be checking on me? We hugged and cried!! I feel very bad for my husband. For me, I m very sad and cried a lot today, even i m writing my blog right now i got to stop and wipe my tear away. All kind of questions have come up : what did i do wrong? what i didn't do? or i did a bad thing in the past life? Why every else has baby without trying at all? I think i can handle this situation better than my husband, i need to be strong for us. I don't want to see him  get depressed and hopeless.

At the end of the day, we need each other, be strong for each other because no one else knows how we feel.


Today, i tried to make myself feeling better by going out and get my hair done, cutting some flowers and put in my vase ! 
flowers from my garden today


We are going to have the meeting with our Doctor  on 05.10.12 for the last cycle result and plan to do for next cycle.


Thank you for all my family here and in Thailand, my amazing friends here as well. We are blessed to have you around.

4 comments:

  1. Pat, I hope the best for you and your husband, and love how you did two positive things on a day when you were working hard to smile. Your garden is certainly a joy! Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, we appreciate your support.! Yes, i love the garden a lot both our veggies and flowers. Hope to see you soon.

      Delete
  2. พี่แพทแอนด์ลีออง สู้ๆ น๊า เป็นกำลังใจให้เช่นกันค่า Fighto ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ja Nong Kate. Very happy to hear from ya. Take care ja
    Btw I don't want u to go through like me.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Pages :Travel

Movie I like

  • 17 again
  • August Rush
  • Away we go
  • Before the devil know you’re dead
  • Blind Side
  • Burn after reading
  • He’s just not that into you
  • Its complicate
  • Julie & Julia
  • Juno
  • Milk
  • Pineapple Express
  • The curios case of Benjamin Button
  • The reader